Tuesday 27 August 2013

27 August. Saying bye to 2 people

Today I met an old good friend and we went for a walk out again.  I was able to take over some Vegan cake for him and his girlfriend which felt cool just to express that sharing of Vegan stuff and to be integrated and involving and promoting.  It was strange as I guess at the end it was a saying bye really.  We hadn't seen eqach other for 4.5 years until this last month and now it will likely be atleast another couple.  There was a handshake.  he's not a man hug type of guy and that's okay.  I felt good in the sense of being a person now who can cope and work well with change.  I think of Tao masters I've met who have this overall connection to things and seem able to understand more that fundamental idea that change is the only constant.  I'm getting better at that it seems but I'm not there yet.  I'm hoping to feel that in the rest of my trip as I finish off.

At night I visited a cool girl -friend.  We joke we are like brother and sister. I felt sadder leaving her than my friend earlier but it was all good on the whole.  I do feel it's important not to make it too sad.  We had some nice times and we'll keep in contact.  We have good affinity with one another I believe and we'll meet when we're meant to.

She said thanks for Diet for a New America but doesn't want to read the factory farm stuff.  That's all good and fair. She is vegetarian anyway.  Hopefully she'll enjoy the health stuff.

As I write this it's interesting over hearing my folks and sister talk.  My Dad is speaking about the cruelty of the current killing of badgers for supposedly weeing on hey causing the cows to get ill.  My Dad is saying why can't it be just fenced off properly rather than shooting them.  My sister's reply was 'we need to all just become vegan'.  It's cool to hear that as I write this as sad as it is.

I've started to The Lucky Ones by Jenny Brown.  A very Veganesque book.  About a lady's fight to help farm animals.  It makes me so sad that so many people aren't able to open their eyes more.  Again thinking back to the blog post about the hardest thing about being Vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment