Wednesday 21 August 2013

end of 21 August

Had an incredibly powerful day today and felt emotional at the end.  I had a good walk out today with Ric and took some great photos.  It was later on when our family friends came over. We had a load of Vegan food and shared.  I was asked as usual about being Vegan which was all cool.  I'd bought my Dad 'Diet for a new america' and it was interesting how my Dad actually started to talk about how cruelly animals were treated and how we just turned a blind eye to it and talked about cows getting killed and how horrible it was.

My sister said she never knew he cared so much afterwards.  My Mum said how he'd always loved animals.  My sister and me then had a conversation about bringing a kid up Vegan which I said I thought was right and for me would be a no brainer.  My Dad then said about how sad it was but how it wouldn't make a difference if we stopped eating them.  I said how it would and how it would keep spreading outwards which was positive.  My Mum then said about she looks at it as each to there own and I explained about it being like a movement similar to how Feminist movement helped women to get the vote and it was about helping others to see clearer.

I felt it was all cool and a good Vegan promoting evening mentally for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment