Thursday 1 August 2013

An unbelievably great day in Kuala Lumpar :)

I had practically a dream day in Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia during my 15 hour stop over.  I met my friends the night before to take me to the airport in Auckland.  I had an idea of how to spend my time then they mentioned that they had some friends in Kuala Lumpar who could potentially meet with me.  I said that would be great.

I was met by Jacqueline and Johnson at the airport who showed me around the city... the twin towers and the main Kuala Lumpar tower (with a trip to the top).  We also ate great Vegan meals together.  Starting with Dim Sum for lunch and other random stor fries etc at a restaurant for dinner.  Also a visit to China Town together.

I feel embarassed although very highly gratuitous that I did not pay for anything the whole of that time other than a DVD of the new superman movie I bought for equivalent of 5 NZ dollars from China Town.

Very very lovely people.  Jacqueline and Johnson belong to the same spiritual development community I am bonded with in Auckland which inspired my decision to become Vegetarian then Vegan initially.  Their diet even if just vegetarian always involves not eating allium vegetables (the onion family) for spiritual reasons that they cause unrest to the heart.  I have to say I haven't gone there myself yet personally but for pure compassionate reasons just love being vegan and obviously my health being super too is great.

The journey to Kuala Lumpar I pretty much slept the whole way.  I was just a little aggrieved that I wasn't on their list for a Vegan meal although had requested several weeks before.  They managed to still get me some food and I just missed out on the breakfast whereas the vegetarian option involved scrambled egg.  I settled for some fruit and a bread roll.

Jacqueline and Johnson called the airline for me to check if I could get the Vegan meal on the way back and just as unbelievable extra support bought me some fruit and a big vegan burger to take with just in case.  Such great people.  They may visit Auckland next year so I really hope I can repay the favour.  The spiritual development group speaks a lot about affinity, possible past lives and being linked to others in that community. That was how I was treated which was very nice and I will repay that.

Overall my Vegan life on the trip has gone exceptionally well.  I remain a sane vegan firmly. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment