Tuesday 13 August 2013

Mon 12 August. Walk then a beer. dinner and film

This morning I sorted out some more stuff on evay which is going quite well.  Quite a few bidders. I had some lunch at home then went to ric's house for 1pm.  We had a really great walk around the fields of Mossley.  Was good to see some British countryside again.  Quite eery as we had a conversation about the Moors murders which were in that area.

Ric asked me a bit about becoming vegan in a really cool nonjudgemental way and even reassured me at one stage he wasn't trying to trip me up which was very cool.  He asked about eggs and what if they were free range so I was trying to explain how it isn't really much different from being caged which he seemed to understand.  Similarly he asked about cow milk and I said about the cow being kept pregnant and turning babies into veal.  He seemed to get this too and said how him and his partner don't eat so much meat thesedays.  I would've volunteered some information about veganism or more plant based eating but it didn't really seem appropriate as he did very much seem on his own journey with food and interested which I thought was cool.  To start talking about books etc would've been too forceful and served no purpose I felt.  I thought though with the other friend in NZ that the buying of a book was helpful to help him and to also provide some deflection from me politically.

We planned to meet again for another walk at some stage soon and to meet on thursday.  We had a beer after the walk and I have to say I really regretted it.  It was a san miguel which I know is Vegan unless from the Phillipines but it didn't feel good after.  I could feel some effects of it and it made me think a lot about what a friend said about having a Yin property similar to eating meat in terms of the more detrimental impact it has on our psyche while we should be trying to stay in Yang.  I came home and slept a short while and felt a need to kind of get on track after it.  I stayed up later than I would usually due to that sleep then ultimately slept in later.  I do want to generally stay clear of alcohol where possible and can see I made the wrong decision there. 

It was cool how nonjudgemental Ric was.  I need to get more comfortable in myself as a nondrinker maybe the same as I've done with being Vegan and then other people will accept it more I guess.  Definitely no drinks on tuesday or wednesday atleast then I'll make clear plan for thursday.

I've enjoyed writing this so far to keep my sanity and also as a log for how everything has been going here.

No comments:

Post a Comment