Thursday 22 August 2013

22 August. Day out with family. Meal out at night

Had a great day out at a farm and at Tatton Park with the family.  Ate good Vegan food throughout and enjoyed just connecting and feeling good and calm and patient throughout.  The evening had a few interesting Vegan moments while all being great.  We ate at a pizza place and I met a couple of old friends I hadn't seen for ages.  I knew there were Vegan options so expressed before that the choice was all good with me.

I gave my order and asked for all to be Vegan and felt totally comfortable in me doing so.  At the table my person to the left offered me some 'baby lamb' as a joke.  Again it's strange how horrible it is to write but I know he totally didn't mean it in a horrible way.  He's just not awake yet. My friends also had a mini chat about working at a fish market in Australia 10 years ago I was there too.  They then kind of apologised part way through.  I realised they were genuinely trying to be cool and sensitive but I actually worked there too and was able to say it was okay and actually chip in with a silly thing that happened to me while I worked there when a dead fish somehow slapped me on the face.  Again gross to write now but it was funny at the time and fitted the tone.

I very comfortable had soft drinks all night probably the first time I've done that and feeling comfortable in me to do that was really cool.  See my drinking blog for bit more detail.

In a pub later on there were beer mats unusually saying about what nutritional value you could get from eating insects.  I didn't want to get into makor evolution discussion etc but my friend asked what I thought and I said it would seem to make sense that since we descended from apes that in the past eating insects could prove useful and be easily digested.  Seemed fair enough.

We had a chat too about my Vegan cake I'd brought over to a friends house.  It was again interesting as my friend spoke again totally from a good heart about if you could tell the difference and then wondering if it would be different from a 'normal cake'.  It's funny how we learn to see that a chickens period in a cake is normality.  Again not berating him at all, not coming from a bad place in anyway but just seeing things from that omnivore angle while making efforts.  all in all a great Vegan evening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment