Friday 2 August 2013

Aug 1. Great relaxed first vegan day back in the UK. Completely veganly sane.

I arrived back and got picked up by my folks from the airport about 9 am.  Was great to see them and they seemed really well in themselves.  It was a great day and so cool how supportive they are of my veganism (see my other post) and how they have very much been evolving their diet to becoming iincreasingly plant based.  I could see this on a health and also on an ethical level too as my Dad spoke about trying not to buy anything with palm oil in.  Similarly they could really understand what I was saying about the new veganesque documentary Blackfish I'd seen.  Well worth checking out by the way.  During our brief discussion outside about factory farming by Dad gave a genuine 'awww' as I said about factory farmed pigs.

It was great to just really take it easy.  I spent the day relaxing around the home, in the conservatory and outside.  For lunch my Mum made a tomato soup which we had with cool grainy bread and some raw brocolli.  For dinner we had a vegetable curry my Mum made with brown rice and also some potatoes with sweet chilli sauce (something from the Revive book 2 I bought for them).  I love those books.  They gratefully recieved the second one as a present so was great to share my story of how helpful I'd found the first then to pass on the second to help them further to become more vegatarian.

I didn't unpack anything and felt kind of weird all day with underlying jet lag but relaxing was just cool.  Oh as an added great thing my Mum had made a vegan chocolate cake as a welcome back.  Such a great idea I thought and so thoughtful.  It tasted great with the soy ice cream. Do actually feel really greatful for how cool they've been. Obviously wouldn't stop me being vegan at all but would be increasingly more annoying.

In the evening we relaxed and watched Die hard I'd picked up from play.com for £1.80.  So so cool. can't believe it's 25 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment