Saturday 10 August 2013

Friday 9 August. Farm, meeting friends, curry

Had a great day this day.  I'm realising now how this blog is more turning just into a personal diary of my trip while I keep my Vegan sanity and just enjoy my whole trip to the UK.  So far actually keeping my sanity hasn't been so hard at all.  I was just worried it would be.  I got out to a farm with the folks and sister which was actually really cool.  It was nice just to allow myself to feel compassionate towards animals.  It does seem such as important thing in terms of feeling that real connection to life as a whole.  It all reinforces my Vegan life for me.

I made a curry to take to my old friends' house.  It was great to enjoy a shared curry and cake with them.  They really enjoyed it all and they seemed just interested and accepting of me as a Vegan person.  I think my bad experience with my closer friend in NZ lead me to think others may be similar but it hasn't been like that at all.  I wonder if people who it impacts on most are those who somehow feel the most guilty inside? 

I'm going to send on the cake and curry recipe to my friends who I met with.  I consider that a great success!! :) :) :) Just had one beer with them.  Again I'm happy not drinking but just for sake of being social since I hadn't seen for 4.5 years.  I can't be absolutely sure the beer was vegan but it's one of those where operating on principle of least harm is the best way forward and I didn't feel like refusing would've been so kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment