Tuesday 20 August 2013

19 August

On a trip out with the family to Castleton for a trip through the caves.  Named comically 'The Devil's arse'.  Was all really good and was nice to spend time with Gran particularly.  Had loads of good Vegan food throughout the day and constantly feel stocked up on all the goodness I need and finding out more about nutrition etc which is always really enjoyable.

I read some of my You can do it Marathon book which I feel is definitely going to help me come through Auckland Marathon on 1 November.  I also got some DHA pills delivered after doing quite a bit of research and realising a top up of this could be a healthy option for me at this point to be sure i'm really getting all I need.

It's been great how becoming Vegan has really gone hand in hand with constant interest and research into food and nutrition while at the same time enjoyiing cooking too (the cooking part atleast while I'm in NZ anyway)

I'm thinking when I get back to NZ I will be getting onto the Thrive diet idea by Brendan Brazier to help all the marathon stuff.  I can tell how since I saw my folks last I am calmer and more compassionate.  I know i have cultivated well in NZ.  I feel it's my personal development group and then becoming Vegan which are key.  Food really is thy medicine.  I think too of that great study about the Vegan diet being used in a prison to great effect.  It does seem like it constantly just filters out of my being :)

No comments:

Post a Comment