Monday 29 July 2013

My new blog and why...


So i started this blog just to keep my sanity while on my trip back to the uk. ive been in nz 4.5 years and its just in the last year (11 June 2012) I became vegan, after 6 weeks of vegetarianism.  i thought writing would help to ground my experience and i thought blogging might just help a connection
with someone else out there who understands and feels what its like to vegan in a world that is so non-vegan.

Ive kept the blog semi anonymous and just shared amongst some vegan friends or those interested.  I didnt want to share on my main facebook page out of concern it could seem somewhat objectifying to other friends in the UK as I may say about things that happen in my new interactions with them
now as a vegan trying to stay sane although obviously I'll change their names.

Its important to say too that my primary purpose is for fun and my sanity. im not trying to write or present to an audience or be anything im not.  Im aware there may be some 'audience effect' due to knowing some people who may read this but i want to be me as much as possible. I will
not write in a way particularly to entertain but just to keep me grounded.  I just want it to be me being me as much as possible. So if you don't like me or you think my blog's crap or whatever, thats okay. I want to look back and know thats how i felt at that time and what i was experiencing
as my reality for me.


I just know from my experience over the last year i have really enjoyed sometimes reading the experiences of others who are vegan in such a non vegan world. Sometimes ive learned something new or thought about something in a new way. Sometimes its just been nice to know someone is going through something similar. That was why i thought it would be cool to
put into a blog.

My blog will have a lot about day to day events in the uk and how i get on generally and particularly as a vegan interacting again.  It will also have a lot of my vegan thoughts just before my trip and generally. i feel so strongly about being vegan and its such a part of me that i want to write about it. Again you dont have to like it but its just me.

My original blog messed up somehow so I'm now back logging stuff from there I've been keeping on a memory stick. I leave for the UK tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment