Monday 29 July 2013

29.7. Highly sensitive person and vegan . 1 day to go


I think on my personal development journey and in my counselling when I read The highly sensitive person by Elaine Aron. It was about how 30% of the popuation have a more highly sensitive nervous system and how our society being more extrovert often makes it hard to find our own expression. I realised i was an infj too based on Myers Briggs personality test. I'd recommend anyone to do a free test. this is introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging. apparently the same as one of my heros Carl Jung which I liked.

Anyway I guess the book gave more grounding and support for people who are highly sensitive as those who are more behind the scenes, conscientious and thinking  things through. My Veganism has helped me to ground that further in me for sure and feel happier with who I am.  I wonder if the sensitivity to what i was doing beforehand was always inside as it must be for a lot
of people who eat meat but maybe causing my psyche even more damage. I have certainly become more peaceful in myself and in my outlook as a hope.

I've noticed how the sensitivity has become mixed with a strong compassion and ive become far more sensitive towards issues of racism and sexism too which I think is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment