Monday 29 July 2013

How being Vegan can sometimes feel for me

--- to quote Barack Obama
'the security of America is the first thing on my mind when i wake up and the last thing when i go to bed at night'

It worries me sometimes that vegan lifestyle often feels like it encompasses that for me. I've never felt something that seems to be of such incredible and urgent importance and I want to make everyone see, or help everyone see. It's really hard sometimes because finally convincing a friend to have a meat free or getting some people to try vegetarianism does feel cool but i dont think theyll be enough.

I want the meat and dairy industry gone. I want them to be recognised as an absolute poison in our societies destroying our health on a physical and mental level. I feel they're brainwashing us and destroying a feeling of us embracing what it means to be fully human.

Great people like Gandhi, Mark Twain understand the importance of this when they say about 'as long as their are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields.'  'A society can be judged by the way it treats its animals'.  Why can't this just be absolute common knowledge? Why isn't such philosophy ingrained in us from us being little children. That'd make sense right? I can't believe I never felt on that level until I was 32.

My friend sent me a link about the use of a vegan diet in a prison. check it out. Interesting how the division between the different ethnic groups faded and people more grew in their rehabilitation and were less likely to reoffend. The project ultimately ceased for the pathetic reason you find here.

I've become increasingly aware since being vegan just how much power and control organisations clearly have over us.  It shows how we are just controlled. I've felt so annoyed since my decision to become Vegan how its so simple and makes so much sense but yeah we're brainwashed to think otherwise. It makes me so sad too. I want to live in a world when adults and kids are taught about physical health and a vegan diet and how this is the way forward for our physical and mental health.
I want a time when we look back and what we used to do now and what an incredible error it was.  A time when everything went down a path it should never have gone down.  Or at the very least a time we went through which we had to go through to learn from. I want us to be taught how it is our job to protect and empower animals as being weaker than us to reach their potential and it's only through that can we grow into our fullest most compassionate selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment